The Sensory Human vibrates the Cosmos, the harmonious systematic Universe. It is through sound that this cosmic vibration happens. The highest sounds are cosmic frequencies known as mantras or naad yoga. These sounds have a penetrating power.
When you feel that nothing is working for you and you have lost hope and friends, this meditation is in order. This sound current, created by you from your physical form, uses your pranas and has a projective power. You chant and God listens with love.
Chii-a means six in Gurmukhi. This meditation is an experience of the six “unchangeable sounds: Har, Haray, Haree, Wahe Guru. They affect the six directions: east, west, north, south, up, and down.
Sit in Easy Pose. Touch the tip of the thumb to the tip of the Jupiter finger (index finger). The other fingers are relaxed. With your hands in this mudra, close your eyes, and move your arms in the following sequence. Chant using the tip of your tongue.
- Stretch your arms out to the sides with the palms facing forward. Keep your elbows straight. Chant Har.
- Without bringing your hands near your shoulders, move your hands directly in front of you with your palms down, elbows by your sides, and your forearms pointing straight out in front of your body. Chant Haray.
- Bring your hands up by your shoulders, palms facing out. Chant Haree.
- Stretch your arms out to the sides again. Chant Wah.
- Bring your arms directly to the front, palms down. Chant Hay.
- Bring your hands up near your shoulders. Chant Guru.
Time: Continue for 11 minutes.
To finish: Inhale, hold the breath 15-20 seconds, keep your arms in position #6 and squeeze your rib cage as you stretch your spine upward. Exhale. Repeat this sequence two more times.
“The mantra Har, Haray, Haree, Wahe Guru has six sounds. Don’t take it only as a mantra—these six sounds are unchangeable sounds. What surrounds you is six: the four directions, up, and down. Meditate on these six in this way and they will cover you.” -Yogi Bhajan
“When there comes a moment in your life when nothing works, if all shelter and hope is gone, when the enemies overcome and friends have left, do this meditation. The sound current has an Infinite power. It is the only power that is given to the human to excel. Vaak Siddhi is the perfection of the sound projection. Guru Nanak explained it, ‘Through the mouth you utter a sound current, to which God listens with love.’ What you say is not a sound current. The sound current is that which you create with the organic matter of your body where you use your pranas and that has a projective power.” ~Yogi Bhajan