Excerpts from a lecture given on January 24, 1977 in Los Angeles, CA
- Sit in a comfortable meditative posture with a straight spine.
- Place both thumbs at the base of the Mercury (pinkie) fingers. Fold the other fingers over the thumbs into fists.
- Place the right fist directly over the left fist at the level of the heart. Keep the fists as tight as possible. Relax the elbows.
- The breath regulates itself as the mantra is chanted.
- Eyes are closed.
- Chant Sat Naam Sat Naam Sat Naam Sat Naam Sat Naam Sat Naam Wahe Guru. Inhale and exhale chanting energetically.
- Consciously project the mantra from the Brow Point. Wahe Guru is used as a hook to pull the energy from the base of the spine to the top of the head.
- Inhale, raise the arms above the head and stretch your hands wide. Then vigorously shake the hands.
The key to this meditation is keeping the fists as tight as possible. It may become painful, but don’t give an inch. Start with 11 minutes; build up to 22 minutes.
“You must prepare yourself for the coming onslaught of this tidal wave of insanity which is going to go over us. Weather is changing. Metabolism is changing. Your hormones are changing. Your food production is changing. Therefore, we have to prepare ourselves. We have to have a very stable mind, a very stable personality and very stable communication. For that we need energy.” ~ Yogi Bhajan
The information contained on this web site comes from ancient yogic traditions. Nothing on this web site should be construed as medical advice.